Our existing operations are complemented by a portfolio of development projects throughout the resource-rich Bowen and Surat basins.

Wards Well

The Wards Well underground development project is located in Queensland’s Bowen Basin, with a total 1,313Mt JORC resources. The coal resources at Wards Well are part of the Moranbah Coal Measures. Future exploration drilling and 3D seismic is required and will be planned in line with the project development strategy.

Belview

The Belview project is a potential large-scale, metallurgical coal project located in the heart of Queensland’s Bowen Basin, 10 kilometres south-west of Blackwater. It currently hosts a 330Mt JORC Resource (50Mt Indicated and 280Mt Inferred), suitable for underground mining.

Lilyvale

The Lilyvale project is located 25 kilometres north-east of Emerald in Queensland’s Bowen Basin. Stanmore Resources holds an 85% interest in the project, while the remaining 15% is held by Bowen Coking Coal. The project hosts the German Creek seam from 336 metres in depth with a typical thickness across the project area of 2.2-2.5 metres. Geologically, the project and surrounding areas are well understood and not expected to be geologically complex. It has a defined JORC Resource of 33Mt (Inferred).

The Range

The Range project is located in the Surat Basin where exploration activity up to 2012 has identified a total JORC Resource of 286Mt (187Mt Indicated, 81Mt Inferred and 18Mt Measured). A definitive feasibility study covering geology, mining and cost structures confirmed The Range as a high-quality, export-grade, thermal coal project. The study continues to be reviewed to examine if the application of the latest mining techniques can reduce forecast operating costs.

Mackenzie

The Mackenzie project is located in Queensland’s Bowen Basin and is well positioned for export markets as it lies on the existing Blackwater railway line to Gladstone. Stanmore Resources holds a 95% interest in the project, while the remaining 5% is held by Bowen Coking Coal. It currently hosts a 143Mt JORC Resource (26Mt Indicated and 117Mt Inferred).

Clifford

The Clifford project covers approximately 820 square kilometres in Queensland’s highly prospective Surat Basin, near Stanmore’s The Range project. The project — which is a joint exploration initiative with Japanese Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation (JOGMEC) — is targeting thermal coal deposits at depths amendable to open-cut mining, with JORC Resource defined to date totalling 630Mt (200Mt Indicated and 430Mt Inferred).

Wards Well

The Wards Well underground development project is located in Queensland’s Bowen Basin, with a total 1,313Mt JORC Resources. The coal resources at Wards Well are part of the Moranbah Coal Measures. Future exploration drilling and 3D seismic is required and will be planned in line with the project development strategy.

Isaac Plains South

Isaac South is an undeveloped open-cut resource prospect which sits immediately south of the Isaac Downs mine, on the southern side of the Isaac River. The most recent resource estimate for Isaac South was completed in June 2018 and estimates a total JORC Coal Resource of 52Mt. Isaac South hosts the Leichhardt and Vermont seams of the Rangal Coal Measures, and all noted resources are contained within granted exploration permit EPC 755.

Isaac Plains Underground

A key development project for Stanmore as part of the Isaac Plains Complex asset base, Isaac Plains Underground is a fully approved underground mine project, with approval granted in March 2019 by the Queensland Government. The current Isaac Plains Underground JORC Reserve was completed in February 2021, with an estimated JORC Total Coal Reserve of 19.5Mt (ROM) with 15.6Mt (Marketable). Isaac Plains Underground is capable of producing coking (~75%) and thermal (~25%) coals for export markets.

The Range

The Range project is located in the Surat Basin where exploration activity up to 2012 has identified a total JORC Resource of 286Mt (187Mt Indicated, 81Mt Inferred and 18Mt Measured). A definitive feasibility study covering geology, mining and cost structures confirmed The Range as a high-quality, export-grade, thermal coal project. The study continues to be reviewed to examine if the application of the latest mining techniques can reduce forecast operating costs.

Belview

The Belview project is a potential large-scale, metallurgical coal project located in the heart of Queensland’s Bowen Basin, 10 kilometres south-west of Blackwater. It currently hosts a 330Mt JORC Resource (50Mt Indicated and 280Mt Inferred), suitable for underground mining.

Lilyvale

The Lilyvale project is located 25 kilometres north-east of Emerald in Queensland’s Bowen Basin. Stanmore Resources holds an 85% interest in the project, while the remaining 15% is held by Bowen Coking Coal. The project hosts the German Creek seam from 336 metres in depth with a typical thickness across the project area of 2.2-2.5 metres. Geologically, the project and surrounding areas are well understood and not expected to be geologically complex. It has a defined JORC Resource of 33Mt (Inferred).

Mackenzie

The Mackenzie project is located in Queensland’s Bowen Basin and is well positioned for export markets as it lies on the existing Blackwater railway line to Gladstone. Stanmore Resources holds a 95% interest in the project, while the remaining 5% is held by Bowen Coking Coal. It currently hosts a 143Mt JORC Resource (26Mt Indicated and 117Mt Inferred).

Clifford

The Clifford project covers approximately 820 square kilometres in Queensland’s highly prospective Surat Basin, near Stanmore Resources’ The Range project. The project — which is a joint exploration initiative with Japanese Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation (JOGMEC) — is targeting thermal coal deposits at depths amendable to open-cut mining, with JORC Resource defined to date totalling 630Mt (200Mt Indicated and 430Mt Inferred).

Marcelo Matos

Chief Executive Officer/Director
Joined August 2020

Mr Marcelo Matos has circa 25 years of experience in general management in the mining sector in roles overseeing operations, projects, business development, marketing and sales, strategy and planning roles in Australia, Asia (China and Singapore), Mozambique and Brazil. Mr Matos worked for Vale for close to 20 years in various senior roles, including as its Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer for Coal as well as their Managing Director in Australia. Prior to his appointment as Chief Executive Officer, Mr Matos was already a Director at Stanmore and the Chief Commercial Officer for M Resources.

Mr Matos holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) and an Executive MBA from IBMEC Business School.

Jimmy Lim

Non-Executive Director
Joined October 2019

Mr Jimmy Lim has 20 years of experience in finance and investment management in the metals and mining sector, with extensive industry relationships in Australia and globally. Mr Lim started his career in Perth with Ernst & Young in Tax, serving natural resources and infrastructure companies of all sizes before moving into Corporate Finance with Ernst & Young and then KPMG where he continued advising clients in the natural resources sector. From there, Mr Lim then went on to work for JP Morgan in Melbourne where he worked on assignments advising and financing some of the largest companies in the world before moving to Hong Kong with Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs, where he was responsible for coverage of Metals and Mining in Asia excluding China.

Mr Lim is a Fellow of Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA) and holds an MBA and degrees in Engineering and Science from the University of Western Australia.

Dwi Suseno

Chairman and Non-Executive Director
Joined May 2020

Mr Dwi Suseno is the Executive Director and Group CEO of Golden Energy and Resources Limited (GEAR), a SGX Mainboard listed international mining and resources company. Mr Suseno is responsible for managing operations for GEAR, including mining, logistics and coal marketing, as well as leading the strategic initiatives and expansions.

Mr Suseno began his career in Australia, where he was raised and educated, and he has over 26 years of experience in management, commercial and finance in mining resources as well as oil and gas related industries in both Australia and internationally. Mr Suseno was previously an Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer of Straits Corporation Group, which was then part of the SGX-listed coal mining company Straits Asia Resources Limited. Mr Suseno has previously worked with Baker Hughes Inc. (Fortune 500 NYSE listed oilfield services company), Arthur Andersen Australia and Ernst & Young LLP.

Mr Suseno is a Certified Public Accountant in both Australia and Singapore, graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce Degree from the University of Western Australia, Graduate Diploma in Tax from the University of Melbourne’s Law Masters program, as well as a Postgraduate Diploma in Business from Curtin University. He also holds an executive Masters in Business Administration from the Kellogg School of Management, and  Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.